No authorization required - All 'employees' (users) can activate two-factor authentication for their personal Dualoo account, regardless of the company's requirements.
Installed authentication app on the smartphone or access to the "App Store".
Information only 'Admins' can enforce the use of two-factor authentication. If this is the case, a pop-up appears on the dashboard with the information as of which date you must have done the two-factor authentication.
What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication, often referred to as 2FA, is a proof of identity of a user by means of a combination of two different and, in particular, independent login procedures.
For Dualoo, it means that you cannot log in exclusively by entering your password, but must also enter a code that is sent to the authentication app on your smartphone. These codes are one-time passwords that become invalid after a few seconds and are therefore particularly secure.
How do I set up two-factor authentication?
1. If your "admin" has activated two-factor authentication for the entire Dualoo account, the following pop-up dialogue appears on the dashboard.
You will see at the bottom of the message until when you have time to set up two-factor authentication, after which you will no longer be able to skip this pop-up.
2. Select your smartphone type (Android or Apple iPhone).
3. Download the Authenticator app from your smartphone store.
If you already have an Authenticator app, you can directly scan the QR code.
Follow the step-by-step instructions in the pop-ups in Dualoo.
4. Enter the code you see in the app on your smartphone.
5. You will automatically receive recovery codes, which you should save / store in a safe place. A safe place is for example a digital password safe or a printout in a safe.
6. The two-factor authentication is now successfully activated and you can log in accordingly the next time you log in.
7. View at the next login after entering the user name with password.
How can I set up two-factor authentication without being aksed to do by my admin?
1. Go to the "settings" and then to "my account". At the bottom you will find the two-factor authentication section.
2. Click on the button "Set up two-factor authentication".
3. The same pop-up will open and you can set up according to the instructions in the top part of this article.
Use of Recovery Codes
1. Click on "Recovery Code" at the login page
2. Enter the first code
3. Login will work again and you will be redirected automatically.
4. If you cannot find your recovery codes, please contact your 'admin' who can then contact Dualoo support.